This is a recipe for dandelion pesto - with Styrian pumpkin seeds and Styrian pumpkin seed oil. (This oil, it's the best!)
If you live abroad and do not have your own Austrian dealer for pumpkin seed oil, you can easily order Styrian pumpkin seed products at pumpkinseedoil.cc.
The preparation of the dandelion pesto couldn't be easier:
- Pick dandelion greens
It's best if you pick them from some place with low pollution, like a garden
- Wash the dandelion greens, mix all of the ingredients until you have a coarse paste.
- Before serving, eventually add a little bit more oil
- For preservation, fill into a jar. Cover fully with pumpkin seed oil.
Stays fresh for about a week.
See? Really easy!
Nothing more to add.
Except maybe, that this pesto has a real strong Styrian accent. Futhermore, when you open the jar, it starts to sing like this:
But also if you don't understand the pesto's accent, you will like it anyway!
Enjoy picking you dandelion greens and let me know if you liked it!
DANDELION PESTO WITH PUMPKIN SEEDS
- 1 handfull of dandelion greens
- 4 tbsp. Styrian pumpkin seeds
- 4 tbsp. water
- 4 tbsp. Styrian pumpkin seed oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 2-3 tbsp. Parmesan
- pinch salt and pepper
- More pumpkin seed oil
You also need:
- 1 cup jar 125ml or of ½ cup size
- Blender or food pocessor
- Wash dandelion greens.
- Peel and cut small the garlic.
- With a blender or food processor, mix all of the ingredients until you have a paste.
- Put in the jar and cover with more pumpkin seed oil (until everything is covered).
- Can keep in the fridge for at least a few days. I haven't tried it for longer, but in other recipes it even says a few weeks.