This is a quick vegan and healthy wild herbs recipe for dandelion pesto with Styrian pumpkin seeds and Styrian pumpkin seed oil. (This oil, it's the best!)
If you live abroad and do not have your own Austrian dealer for pumpkin seed oil, you can easily order Styrian pumpkin seed products at pumpkinseedoil.cc.
The preparation of the dandelion pesto couldn't be easier:
- Pick dandelion greens
It's best if you pick them from some place with low pollution, like a garden
- Wash the dandelion greens, mix all of the ingredients until you have a coarse paste.
- Before serving, eventually add a little bit more oil
- For preservation, fill into a jar. Cover fully with pumpkin seed oil.
Stays fresh for about a week.
Enjoy picking you dandelion greens and let me know if you liked it!
Maybe you are also interested in these Austrian Wild Herbs Recipes:
Dandelion Pesto with Styrian Pumpkin Seed Oil
- 1 handfull of dandelion greens
- 4 tbsp. Styrian pumpkin seeds
- 4 tbsp. water
- 4 tbsp. Styrian pumpkin seed oil
- 1 clove garlic
- pinch salt and pepper
- More pumpkin seed oil to cover when stored in jar
You also need:
- 1 cup jar 125ml or of ½ cup size
- Blender or food pocessor
- Wash dandelion greens. Peel the garlic.
- With a blender or food processor, mix all of the ingredients until you have a coarse paste.
- Put in the jar and cover with more pumpkin seed oil (until everything is covered).
- Can keep in the fridge for at least a few days.
(c) by Angelika Kreitner-Beretits / Vienna Sunday KitchenAugust 10, 2017 Hast du das Rezept ausprobiert? Dann freue ich mich über deine Bewertung!! / Rate this Recipe!