I think soup is always agood idea, even in summer. And because it’s zucchini season, we eat zucchini in all forms and variations at the moment, and also from time to time some zucchini cream soup.
Usually, at this time of the year, I can use some from my granny’s garden in Burgenland. But unfortunaltely, hailstorms have destroyed her whole garden (and all of her harvest). 🙁
So the zucchini must be purchased en masse now, because they are for me somehow linked to the summer and the summer holidays …
The recipe is from my mother-who always conjures incredibly good soups. It is very quick to prepare and very easy to make. The whipped cream, which is listed in the recipe, is also not a must and can be reduced.
zucchini cream soup
- 1 onion
- 1 Zucchini
- 3-4 cups soup homemade or stock cube
- herbs to taste, eg. parsley
- 1 tbsp. Butter or oil
- 1/2 cup cream oder creme fraiche
- bread or toast perfect way to get rid of older bread
- salt and pepper
- Chop small the onion and roast in a pot with the tbsp. of butter.
- Cut small the zucchini and add to the pot, roast for a minute.
- Add soup and boil until zucchini are soft (but not too much, otherwise they are too sweet). Puree with a mixer.
- Add cream, salt, pepper and herbs to taste (e.g. parlsey).
- Cut small the bread / toast and roast in a pan (medium heat). Eventually with a tbsp. of oil.